Sin, the Devil, and Idols
1. By the Eternal Life in the Son
- For everything that has been begotten of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory which has overcome the world our faith.
- And who is he who overcomes the world except him who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?
- This is He who came through water and blood, Jesus Christ; not in the water only, but in the water and in the blood; and the Spirit is He who testifies, because the Spirit is the reality.
- For there are three who testify,
- The Spirit and the water and the blood, and the three are unto the one thing.
- If we receive the testimony of men, the testimony of God is greater, because this is the testimony of God that He has testified concerning His Son.
- He who believes into the Son of God has the testimony in himself; he who does not believe God has made Him a liar because he has not believed in the testimony which God has testified concerning His Son.
- And this is the testimony, that God gave to us eternal life and this life is in His Son.
- He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.
- I have written these things to you that you may know that you have eternal life, to you who believe into the name of the Son of God.
- And this is the boldness which we have toward Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
- And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him.
- If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin not unto death, he shall ask and he will give life to him, to those sinning not unto death. There is a sin unto death; I do not say that he should make request concerning that.
- All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not unto death.
- We know that everyone who is begotten of God does not sin, but he who has been begotten of God keeps himself, and the evil one does not touch him.
- We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies in the evil one.
- And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding that we might know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.
- Little children, guard yourselves from idols.
266 total views, 1 views today