A. Loving in Truthfulness
for the Truth
- The elder to the chosen lady and to her children, whom I love in truthfulness, and not only I but also all those who know the truth,
- For the sake of the truth which abides in us and will be with us forever:
- Grace, mercy, peace will be with us from God the Father and from Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
A. In Truth
- I rejoiced greatly that I have found some of your children walking in truth, even as we received commandment from the Father.
- And now I ask you, lady, not as writing a new commandment to you but that which we have had from the beginning, that we love one another.
- And this is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, even as you heard from the beginning, that you walk in love.
A. The Heretics
- For many deceivers went out into the world, those who do not confess Jesus Christ coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.
- Look to yourselves that you do not lose the things which we wrought, but that you may receive a full reward.
- Everyone who goes beyond and does not abide in the teaching of Christ does not have God; he who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son.
- If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house, and do not say to him, Rejoice!
- For he who says to him, Rejoice, shares in his evil works.
A. The Hope for Closer Fellowship for More Joy
- Though I have many things to write to you, I do not want to do so with paper and ink, but I am hoping to be with you and to speak face to face that our joy may be made full.
- The children of your chosen sister greet you.
165 total views, 1 views today