7. Resurrecting in Divine Glory
a. Leaving the Old Creation in the Tomb
as a Testimony Provided
by His Appreciators
and Discovered by His Seekers
- Now on the first day of the week, Mary the Magdalene came early to the tomb while it was yet dark and saw the stone taken away from the tomb.
- She ran therefore and came to Simon Peter and to the other disciple whom Jesus loved and said to them, They have taken away the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid Him.
- Peter therefore went forth, as well as the other disciple, and came to the tomb.
- And the two ran together, yet the other disciple ran ahead faster than Peter and came first to the tomb.
- And stooping to look in, he saw the linen cloths lying there; however, he did not enter.
- Then Simon Peter also came, following him, and entered into the tomb; and he beheld the linen cloths lying there
- And the handkerchief which had been over His head, not lying with the linen cloths, but folded up in one place apart.
- At that time therefore the other disciple also, who came first to the tomb, entered, and he saw and believed;
- For as yet they did not understand the Scripture, that He had to rise from among the dead.
- The disciples therefore went away again to their own home.
- But Mary stood outside at the tomb weeping. Then as she wept, she stooped to look into the tomb
- And beheld two angels in white sitting, one at the head and one at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.
- And they said to her, Woman, why are you weeping? She said to them, Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid Him.
and Making His Father and God Theirs
D. Life in Resurrection
1. Appearing to the Seekers
and Ascending to the Father
- When she said these things, she turned backward and beheld Jesus standing there, yet she did not know that it was Jesus.
- Jesus said to her, Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking? She, supposing that He was the gardener, said to Him, Sir, if You have carried Him away, tell me where You have laid Him, and I will take Him away.
- Jesus said to her, Mary! She turned and said to Him in Hebrew, Rabboni! (which means Teacher).
- Jesus said to her, Do not touch Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brothers and say to them, I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.
- Mary the Magdalene came, announcing to the disciples, I have seen the Lord, and that He had said these things to her.
6 total views, 2 views today