F. The Completion of Rejection
1. The Fourth Unveiling of the Crucifixion
- And when Jesus finished all these words, He said to His disciples,
- You know that after two days the Passover takes place, and the Son of Man is being delivered up to be crucified.
- Then the chief priests and the elders of the people were gathered together in the courtyard of the high priest, who was called Caiaphas,
- And they took counsel together to seize Jesus by craftiness and kill Him.
- But they said, Not at the feast, lest there be an uproar among the people.
- Now when Jesus was in Bethany, in the house of Simon the leper,
- A woman came to Him, having an alabaster flask of ointment of great value, and she poured it on His head as He reclined at table.
- But when the disciples saw it, they were indignant, saying, Why this waste?
- For this could have been sold for much and given to the poor.
- But Jesus, knowing it, said to them, Why do you trouble the woman? She has done a noble deed to Me.
- For the poor you have with you always, but you do not always have Me.
- For in pouring out this ointment on My body, she has done it for My burial.
- Truly I say to you, Wherever this gospel is proclaimed in the whole world, what this woman has done shall also be told as a memorial of her.
- At that time one of the twelve, the one called Judas Iscariot, went to the chief priests
- And said, What are you willing to give me, and I will deliver Him to you? And they weighed out to him thirty pieces of silver.
- And from then on he sought opportunity to deliver Him up.
71 total views, 1 views today