4. Concerning the Righteous Deeds
of the Kingdom People
- But take care not to do your righteousness before men in order to be gazed at by them; otherwise, you have no reward with your Father who is in the heavens.
- Therefore when you give alms, do not sound a trumpet before you as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be glorified by men. Truly I say to you, They have their reward in full.
- But you, when you give alms, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,
- So that your alms may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will repay you.
- And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites, because they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners, so that they may be seen by men. Truly I say to you, They have their reward in full.
- But you, when you pray, enter into your private room, and shut your door and pray to your Father who is in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will repay you.
- And in praying do not babble empty words as the Gentiles do; for they suppose that in their multiplicity of words they will be heard.
- Therefore do not be like them, for your Father knows the things that you have need of before you ask Him.
- You then pray in this way: Our Father who is in the heavens, Your name be sanctified;
- Your kingdom come; Your will be done, as in heaven, so also on earth.
- Give us today our daily bread.
- And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
- And do not bring us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.
- For if you forgive men their offenses, your heavenly Father will forgive you also;
- But if you do not forgive men their offenses, neither will your Father forgive your offenses.
- And when you fast, do not be like the sullen-faced hypocrites, for they disfigure their faces so that they may appear to men to be fasting. Truly I say to you, They have their reward in full.
- But you, when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face,
- So that you may not appear to men to be fasting, but to your Father who is in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will repay you.
75 total views, 1 views today