XII. Dealing with the Collection of the Gift
A. The Apostle’s Direction
- Now concerning the collection for the saints, just as I directed the churches of Galatia, so you also do.
- On the first day of the week each one of you should lay aside in store to himself whatever he may have been prospered, that no collections be made when I come.
- And when I arrive, whomever you approve, I will send them with letters to carry your gift to Jerusalem;
- And if it is fitting for me also to go, they will go with me.
- Now I will come to you when I pass through Macedonia, for I will pass through Macedonia.
- And perhaps I will stay with you, or even spend the winter, that you may send me forward wherever I may go.
- For I do not wish to see you now just in passing, for I am hoping to remain with you for some time, if the Lord permits.
- But I will remain in Ephesus until Pentecost,
- For a door is opened to me, great and efficacious, and there are many opposers.
A. Intimate Charges
- Now if Timothy comes, see that he is with you without fear; for he is working the work of the Lord, even as I am.
- Let no one therefore despise him, but send him forward in peace that he may come to me; for I am awaiting him with the brothers.
- And concerning our brother Apollos, I urged him many times to come to you with the brothers; yet it was not at all his desire to come now, but he will come when he has opportunity.
- Watch, stand firm in the faith, be full-grown men, be strong.
- Let all your matters be done in love.
- Now I exhort you, brothers: You know the household of Stephanas, that it is the firstfruits of Achaia, and they have set themselves to minister to the saints;
- You also be subject to such ones, and to everyone co-working and laboring.
- Now I rejoice at the coming of Stephanas and Fortunatus and Achaicus, because these have filled up the lack caused by your absence;
- For they refreshed my spirit and yours. Acknowledge therefore such ones.
- The churches of Asia greet you. Aquila and Prisca greet you much in the Lord, with the church, which is in their house.
- All the brothers greet you. Greet one another with a holy kiss.
- The greeting in my own hand Paul.
- If anyone does not love the Lord, let him be accursed! The Lord comes!
- The grace of the Lord Jesus be with you.
- My love in Christ Jesus be with you all.
68 total views, 1 views today