- On that day some Sadducees, who say that there is no resurrection, came to Him and questioned Him,
- Saying, Teacher, Moses said, If anyone dies and does not have children, his brother as next of kin shall marry his wife and raise up seed to his brother.
- Now there were seven brothers with us. And the first married and died, and having no seed, he left his wife to his brother;
- Likewise also the second and the third until the seventh.
- And last of all the woman died.
- In the resurrection, then, whose wife will she be of the seven? For they all had her.
- And Jesus answered and said to them, You err, not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God.
- For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.
- But concerning the resurrection of the dead, have you not read that which was spoken to you by God, saying,
- I am the God of Abraham and the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob? He is not the God of the dead, but of the living.
- And when the crowds heard this, they were astounded at His teaching.
the Great Commandment in the Law
- But the Pharisees, when they heard that He had muzzled the Sadducees, gathered themselves together.
- And one of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him,
- Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?
- And He said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.
- This is the great and first commandment.
- And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
- On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.
by the Question concerning Christ
- Now while the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus questioned them,
- Saying, What do you think concerning the Christ? Whose son is He? They said to Him, Davids.
- He said to them, How then does David in spirit call Him Lord, saying,
- The Lord said to my Lord, Sit at My right hand until I put Your enemies underneath Your feet?
- If then David calls Him Lord, how is He his son?
- And no one was able to answer Him a word, nor did anyone from that day dare to question Him anymore.
76 total views, 1 views today