B. Life’s Prayer
1. The Son to Be Glorified
That the Father May Be Glorified
- These things Jesus spoke, and lifting up His eyes to heaven, He said, Father, the hour has come; glorify Your Son that the Son may glorify You;
- Even as You have given Him authority over all flesh to give eternal life to all whom You have given Him.
- And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Him whom You have sent, Jesus Christ.
- I have glorified You on earth, finishing the work which You have given Me to do.
- And now, glorify Me along with Yourself, Father, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.
to Be Built Up into One
a. In the Father’s Name by the Eternal Life
- I have manifested Your name to the men whom You gave Me out of the world. They were Yours, and You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word.
- Now they have come to know that all that You have given Me is from You,
- For the words which You gave Me I have given to them, and they received them and knew truly that I came forth from You, and they have believed that You sent Me.
- I ask concerning them; I do not ask concerning the world, but concerning those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours;
- And all that is Mine is Yours, and Yours Mine; and I have been glorified in them.
- And I am no longer in the world; yet they are in the world, and I am coming to You. Holy Father, keep them in Your name, which You have given to Me, that they may be one even as We are.
- When I was with them, I kept them in Your name, which You have given to Me, and I guarded them; and not one of them perished, except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled.
- But now I am coming to You, and these things I speak in the world that they may have My joy made full in themselves.
21 total views, 1 views today