13. The Conversion of Saul
a. Appeared To by the Lord
- But Saul, still breathing threatening and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest
- And asked for letters from him to Damascus for the synagogues, so that if he found any who were of the Way, both men and women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem.
- And as he went, he drew near to Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him.
- And he fell on the ground and heard a voice saying to him, Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?
- And he said, Who are You, Lord? And He said, I am Jesus, whom you persecute.
- But rise up and enter into the city, and it will be told to you what you must do.
- And the men who journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one.
- And Saul rose from the ground; and though his eyes were open, he could see nothing. And they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus.
- And he was three days without seeing, and he neither ate nor drank.
- And there was a certain disciple in Damascus named Ananias; and the Lord said to him in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.
- And the Lord said to him, Rise up and go to the lane called Straight, and seek in the house of Judas a man from Tarsus named Saul; for behold, he is praying;
- And he has seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in and laying his hands on him so that he may receive his sight.
- But Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard from many concerning this man, how many evil things he has done to Your saints in Jerusalem;
- And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call upon Your name.
- But the Lord said to him, Go, for this man is a chosen vessel to Me, to bear My name before both the Gentiles and kings and the sons of Israel;
- For I will show him how many things he must suffer on behalf of My name.
- And Ananias went away and entered into the house; and laying his hands on him, he said, Saul, brother, the Lord has sent me Jesus, who appeared to you on the road on which you were coming so that you may receive your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.
- And immediately there fell from his eyes something like scales, and he received his sight and rose up and was baptized.
- And once he had taken food, he was strengthened. And he was with the disciples in Damascus for some days.
66 total views, 1 views today