to Be Breathed into the Believers
- When therefore it was evening on that day, the first day of the week, and while the doors were shut where the disciples were for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst and said to them, Peace be to you.
- And when He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side. The disciples therefore rejoiced at seeing the Lord.
- Then Jesus said to them again, Peace be to you; as the Father has sent Me, I also send you.
- And when He had said this, He breathed into them and said to them, Receive the Holy Spirit.
- Whosever sins you forgive, they are forgiven them; and whosever sins you retain, they are retained.
- But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.
- The other disciples therefore said to him, We have seen the Lord! But he said to them, Unless I see in His hands the mark of the nails and put my finger into the mark of the nails and put my hand into His side, I will by no means believe.
- And after eight days, His disciples were again within, and Thomas was with them. Jesus came, though the doors were shut, and stood in the midst and said, Peace be to you.
- Then He said to Thomas, Bring your finger here and see My hands, and bring your hand and put it into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing.
- Thomas answered and said to Him, My Lord and my God!
- Jesus said to him, Because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed.
- Moreover indeed many other signs also Jesus did before His disciples, which are not written in this book.
- But these have been written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing, you may have life in His name.
27 total views, 1 views today