5. According to Christ
- But we who are strong ought to bear the weaknesses of those who are weak and not to please ourselves.
- Let each of us please his neighbor with a view to what is good for building up.
- For Christ also did not please Himself, but as it is written, The reproaches of those who reproached You fell upon Me.
- For the things that were written previously were written for our instruction, in order that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.
- Now the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to be of the same mind toward one another according to Christ Jesus,
- That with one accord you may with one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Therefore receive one another, as Christ also received you to the glory of God.
- For I say that Christ has become a servant of the circumcision for the sake of Gods truthfulness, to confirm the promises given to the fathers,
- And that the Gentiles should glorify God for His mercy, as it is written, Therefore I will extol You among the Gentiles, and I will sing praise to Your name.
- And again he says, Rejoice, Gentiles, with His people.
- And again, Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles, and let all the peoples speak praise to Him.
- And again, Isaiah says, There shall be the root of Jesse, even He who rises to rule the Gentiles; on Him will the Gentiles hope.
- Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope in the power of the Holy Spirit.
55 total views, 1 views today