32. Teaching concerning
- And He told them a parable to the end that they ought always to pray and not lose heart,
- Saying, There was a certain judge in a certain city who did not fear God and did not regard man.
- And there was a widow in that city, and she kept coming to him, saying, Avenge me of my opponent.
- And for a time he would not; but afterward he said within himself, Even though I do not fear God nor regard man,
- Yet because this widow causes me trouble, I will avenge her, lest by continually coming she wear me out.
- And the Lord said, Hear what the unrighteous judge says.
- And will not God by all means carry out the avenging of His chosen ones, who cry to Him day and night, though He is long-suffering over them?
- I tell you that He will carry out their avenging quickly. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?
the Entrance into the Kingdom of God
a. Humbling Oneself
- And He told this parable also to certain ones who trusted in themselves that they were righteous and despised the rest:
- Two men went up to the temple to pray, the one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.
- The Pharisee stood and prayed these things to himself: God, I thank You that I am not like the rest of men extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector.
- I fast twice a week; I give a tenth of all that I get.
- But the tax collector, standing at a distance, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, God, be propitiated to me, the sinner!
- I tell you, This man went down to his house justified rather than that one; for everyone who exalts himself shall be humbled, but he who humbles himself shall be exalted.
- And they were bringing to Him also their babies that He might touch them. But when the disciples saw this they rebuked them.
- But Jesus called them to Him, saying, Allow the little children to come to Me, and do not forbid them, for of such is the kingdom of God.
- Truly I say to you, Whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a little child shall by no means enter into it.
51 total views, 1 views today