(Warning to the Rich
- Come now, you rich, weep, howling over your miseries, which are coming upon you!
- Your riches have rotted and your garments have become moth-eaten;
- Your gold and your silver have rusted, and their rust will be a testimony against you and will eat your flesh like fire. You have stored up treasure in the last days.
- Behold, the wages of the workmen who mowed your fields, which have been withheld by you, cry out; and the cries of those who reaped have entered into the ears of the Lord of hosts.
- You have lived luxuriously on the earth and have given yourselves to pleasure; you have nourished your hearts in a day of slaughter.
- You condemned, you murdered the righteous; he does not resist you.
- Therefore be long-suffering, brothers, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the farmer eagerly awaits the precious fruit of the earth, exercising long-suffering over it until it receives the early and late rain.
- You also be long-suffering; establish your hearts because the coming of the Lord has drawn near.
- Do not complain, brothers, against one another lest you be judged. Behold, the Judge stands before the doors.
- As an example, brothers, of suffering evil and of long-suffering, take the prophets, who spoke in the name of the Lord.
- Behold, we call those who endured blessed. You have heard of the endurance of Job, and you have seen his end from the Lord, that the Lord is very tenderhearted and compassionate.
- But above all things, my brothers, do not swear, neither by heaven nor by earth nor with any other oath; but let your yes be yes, and your no, no, lest you fall under judgment.
- Does anyone among you suffer evil? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise.
- Is anyone among you ill? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.
- And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up; and if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him.
- Therefore confess your sins to one another and pray for one another that you may be healed. The petition of a righteous man avails much in its working.
- Elijah was a man of like feeling with us, and he earnestly prayed that it would not rain; and it did not rain on the earth for three years and six months.
- And he prayed again, and heaven gave rain, and the earth sprouted forth with its fruit.
- My brothers, if any one among you is led astray from the truth and someone turns him back,
- Let him know that he who turns a sinner back from the error of his way will save that ones soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.
49 total views, 2 views today