The Church Married to the World
- And to the messenger of the church in Pergamos write: These things says He who has the sharp two-edged sword:
- I know where you dwell, where Satans throne is; and you hold fast My name and have not denied My faith, even in the days of Antipas, My witness, My faithful one, who was killed among you, where Satan dwells.
- But I have a few things against you, that you have some there who hold the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the sons of Israel, to eat idol sacrifices and to commit fornication.
- In the same way you also have some who hold in like manner the teaching of the Nicolaitans.
- Repent therefore; but if not, I am coming to you quickly, and I will make war with them with the sword of My mouth.
- He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, to him I will give of the hidden manna, and to him I will give a white stone, and upon the stone a new name written, which no one knows except him who receives it.
The Church in Apostasy
- And to the messenger of the church in Thyatira write: These things says the Son of God, He who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet are like shining bronze:
- I know your works and love and faith and service and your endurance and that your last works are more than the first.
- But I have something against you, that you tolerate the woman Jezebel, she who calls herself a prophetess and teaches and leads My slaves astray to commit fornication and to eat idol sacrifices.
- And I gave her time that she might repent, and she is not willing to repent of her fornication.
- Behold, I cast her into a bed, and those who commit adultery with her, into great tribulation, unless they repent of her works;
- And her children I will kill with death; and all the churches will know that I am He who searches the inward parts and the hearts; and I will give to each one of you according to your works.
- But I say to you the rest in Thyatira, as many as do not have this teaching, who have not known the deep things of Satan, as they say I put no other burden upon you;
- Nevertheless what you have hold fast until I come.
- And he who overcomes and he who keeps My works until the end, to him I will give authority over the nations;
- And he will shepherd them with an iron rod, as vessels of pottery are broken in pieces, as I also have received from My Father;
- And to him I will give the morning star.
40 total views, 1 views today